作者By ：呂慧君 Loo Hooi Koon
Sweet or savoury snacks are often served together with tea during a traditional English tea time.
The perfect choice of snack to offer during tea time on a merry Christmas afternoon would be scones.
It is easy to bake scones. It can be fun to have kids involved in the scone baking session and it is definitely a good learning experience for them.
Scones (Recipe for 12 people)
3 Cups Self-Rising Flour
80 Grams Butter
1 Cup Milk
3 Table Spoons Sugar
½ Cup Cranberries / Raisins
1 pc Egg
Preparation time: 30 minutes
1) First, measure all the ingredients accordingly. Preheat the oven at 200C.
2) Gently combine both the self-rising flour and butter in a mixing bowl with hands.
3) Add in milk, sugar and cranberries into the dough and knead lightly until all the ingredients are evenly combined. Do not over knead as the protein formed from an over-knead dough will produce a tough and chewy texture scone.
4) Roll the dough into a flat sheet. Cut dough into 12 portions. Lightly brush the top surface of the dough with egg. (For vegetarian, replace egg with milk)
5) Put dough into the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes or until it turns golden brown.
6) Get ready some unsalted butter and fruit jam, brew a cup of Earl Grey tea or Lapsang Shouchong Black Tea and have an enjoyable tea time on a joyous Christmas afternoon.